- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks and brown sugar together. Add pineapple juice, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined.
- In the Speedy Chef, add egg whites and beat on gear I until stiff. Gently fold egg whites into the cake batter.
- Place the 7 slices of pineapple on a paper towel to dry them.
- Melt butter in the Universal Cookware Frypan 24cm on medium heat. Add brown sugar and keep on medium heat for 1 min. until the sugar starts melting and caramelizing.
- Lay the pineapple slices flat neatly on the butter and sugar in the Frypan (use tongs, sugar is very hot). Allow to cook for approx. 1 min. without touching.
- Pour cake mixture all over the pineapple slices, reduce heat to low, cover and allow to cook for approx. 15 min.
- Remove the cover carefully but quickly to avoid allowing condensation to leak on the cake. Turn off heat and allow to stand for 5 min.
- Unmold very carefully by flipping upside down on a serving plate (some hot juice from the bottom can leak when flipping the cake onto the serving plate).