- Heat oil in the Universal Cookware 4L Stockpot on medium-high heat.
- Once oil is hot, add popcorn kernels and place cover on top.
- Once you no longer hear popping, which should take about 3–5 min., remove from heat and remove cover.
- Add chosen seasoning, stir gently and serve.
If making Caramel Popcorn:
- In the clean Stockpot, pour 60 g / ±¼ cup sugar in an even layer on the bottom of the pot. Heat on medium-high heat, uncovered and without stirring, until the sugar melts and turns into a nice brown caramel.
- Remove from heat, pour popcorn into the pot and gently mix using a heat resistant spoon to coat the popcorn with the caramel. Do not touch the popcorn with your hands as the sugar is very hot.
- Allow to cool for 5 min., then transfer to a serving bowl.