- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add oil, warm water and mix until combined then knead with your hands, approx. 3-5 min., until you have a smooth and elastic dough that doesn’t stick to the bowl or to your hands. Add a little flour if needed.
- Divide into 8 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Place the Universal Cookware 24 cm Frypan on the stove on medium-high heat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one dough ball to the size of the Frypan. Sprinkle flour lightly on top of the dough to avoid it sticking to the rolling pin.
- Place the tortilla into the Frypan. Cook for 40-50 sec. until bubbles start to form on the top of the dough and few pale brown spots appear on the bottom (increase heat if it takes more than a minute; reduce heat if it browns too fast). Flip the tortilla and cook for 30 to 40 sec.
- Transfer into a tortilla keeper or place a damp paper towel in the bottom of a heat resistant serving plate that can be closed to maintain the moisture balance.
- Continue with the remaining dough portions: while each tortilla is cooking, roll out the next ball.
Tip: Store in an airtight container for 24h at room temperature or a few days in the fridge.