This General Personal Data Notice (Notice) describes how Tupperware Brands uses your Personal Data. For purposes of this Notice, Tupperware Brands means Tupperware Brands Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. (287324-M), a company incorporated under the laws of Malaysia with its place of business at No. 6, Jalan SS13/4, Section 13, Subang Jaya Industrial Estate, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia and shall include its agents and contractors such as Tupperware Brands consultants.
By purchasing Tupperware Brands products, using Tupperware Brands services, interacting with Tupperware Brands either at our roadshows, exhibitions or otherwise, or by using the Tupperware Brands website http://www.tupperwarebrands.com.my (Website), you consent to the processing of your Personal Data and, as the case may be, you further confirm that you have obtained the consent of your spouse to the processing of the Personal Data by Tupperware Brands and all persons involved in the products and services offered by Tupperware Brands.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.
Collection of Personal Data
- Personal Data means information and data that are recorded in material form including as part of a database that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person, including information about you which you have provided directly to Tupperware Brands, such as your name, address, telephone number, NRIC, race, photographs of you, particulars of your spouse or family members and bank account information and any information which may identify you, your spouse or family members that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by Tupperware Brands from time to time.
- In addition to the Personal Data you provide to us directly, Tupperware may also collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources, including without limitation when you submit any forms in relation to other goods, services or opportunities offered by Tupperware Brands and when you provide your Personal Data to Tupperware consultants.
- The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide your Personal Data, you may not be able to (i) access or use Tupperware Brands services; (ii) access certain sections of our Website where log in is required; (iii) claim on warranty provided for identified products such as the NanoNature Water Filtration System (NNWFS); or (iv) claim for replacement of parts or product replacement under warranty.
Purposes of Processing
- Tupperware Brands may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes relating to the business and activities of Tupperware Brands which shall include, without limitation:-
a. to process, send notices and communicate with you;
b. to respond to questions, comments and complaints from you;
c. to respond to feedback and suggestions provided by you;
d. to distribute information or details of products, events, workshops, seminars and promotions of interest to you;
e. for internal administrative purposes;
f. where you have purchased products from Tupperware Brands or its consultants:-
• to process your warranty claim for identified products such as the NanoNature Water Filteration system;
• to process your claim for product replacement;
• to contact you to remind you regarding replacement of parts for products;
• to service any products that may require warranty replacement;
g. for Tupperware Brands to comply with its obligations under law.
Marketing and promotional purposes
- Tupperware Brands may also use and process your data for other purposes such as to provide, market and/or promote to you benefits, products and services that are or may be offered by Tupperware Brands or its partners, by way of short message service (SMS) and/or by email and to identify products and services which may be relevant to you.
- If you do not consent to Tupperware Brands processing your Personal Data for the purposes listed in Section 6, please notify Tupperware Brands using the contact details stated in Section 9 below.
Transfer of Personal Data
- As Tupperware Brands servers may be located in other jurisdictions, your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
Disclosure to Third Parties
- Tupperware Brands may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on Tupperware Brands behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to these third parties for purposes such as, but not limited to:
a. maintaining and updating our data system and database,
b. mailing-out of any materials, for provision of promotional material to you where you have so agreed in Section 5 above; and
c. processing credit card payments, credit reporting agencies, delivery of goods, analysing data.
Tupperware Brands may also provide access and disclose your Personal Data to:-
a. your upline or recruiter for purposes of sending you information on the latest products and services offered by Tupperware Brands that may be of interest to you;
b. any professional advisors and external auditors;
c. other entities within the Tupperware group; and
d. regulatory authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements.
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries
- Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may at any time hereafter request for access to, or for correction or rectification of your Personal Data or limit the processing of your Personal Data, or seek further information from us by contacting:-
Customer Care Department Manager,
Customer Care Department,
Tupperware Brands Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
No. 6, Jalan SS13/4, Subang Jaya Industrial Estate,
47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Telephone No.: 1300 88 55 00 Facsimile No.: 03-5631 1842
- In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, Tupperware Brands has the right to refuse the requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy.
Last updated: January 2014