- 1 large onion (±200 g / ±7 oz)
- 2 eggplants (±600 g / ±21 oz)
- 4 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 45 ml olive oil (±3 tbsp)
- 3 zucchinis (±800 g / ±28 oz)
- 1 kg tomatoes (±2.2 lbs)
- 7 ml salt (±1 1/2 tsp)
- 5 ml sugar (±1 tsp)
- Ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs of basil (optional)
- Dice onion, eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes into small cubes, about 15mm / ±½ in. Chop garlic using the Turbo Chopper.
- Sauté onions and garlic with olive oil in the Universal Cookware 4L Stockpot on high heat for 2-3 min.
- Add diced eggplant, cook and stir for 6-7 min.
- Add diced zucchini, cook and stir for 5 min.
- Add diced tomatoes into the Stockpot, salt, sugar and pepper, stir, then cover. Lower the heat to medium-low and allow to simmer for 20-30 min. (depending on if you like firm or softer vegetables).
- Serve with chopped basil (optional).